In 1820, 94% of the world was living in poverty. In 1981 — 161 years later — 44% of the world was living in poverty. By 1990, world poverty had been reduced to 37%, and by 2010 it was down to 16%. During the past 25 years, more than a billion people have been raised out of poverty.
What is it that happened during those years that led to such a dramatic change in the economic status of millions of people? It was primarily the capitalist engine of the United States, which had been built upon a foundation of freedom, private property, and Judeo-Christian values.
Almost every significant invention of the 20th century was attributable to the creativity and ingenuity of the American people. And the acceleration of prosperity throughout the world was primarily due to the spread of capitalism. But despite the increase in prosperity, socialism has continued to be an attractive option to young people who have never experienced poverty and who are ignorant of history.
There’s a book, The Socialist Phenomenon, that was published in the U.S. in 1980, by Igor Shafarevich, a Russian mathematician who helped to develop algebraic geometry and algebraic number theory. Shafarevich was a well-known dissident and critic of the Communist government of the Soviet Union, which collapsed in 1991.
In his book, Shafarevich provided a detailed history of socialism and analyzed several instances of socialism that had taken place since the time of Plato. Shafarevich described how the adoption of socialism as a country’s economic model has always led to the suppression of individuality and freedom. He also explained the three components that are necessary for Socialism to thrive:
1. The abolition of private property.
2. The abolition of the family (i.e., the disruption of the bonds between parents and children and the neutralization of husbands and fathers, which results in wives, mothers, and their children becoming dependent on government for the support that husbands and fathers have traditionally provided).
3. Purely material prosperity.
If we look back over the past 60 years in our country, we can clearly see a pattern where there has been a significant erosion of the traditional family structure. The erosion of the family actually began with the promotion and widespread use of modern birth control devices and medications and was later exacerbated by the legalization of abortion. Young couples were encouraged to limit the size of their families, so they could be freer and more independent, earn more money, and create more material prosperity.
After the birth control movement was firmly established, no-fault divorce laws were adopted in states across the country. Men and women were encouraged to abandon their commitments to each other when they became unhappy or when they found a new love interest. With the acceleration of divorces came the need for more government services and benefits for the young mothers whose husbands and lovers had moved on to new lives with new women.
As the government created more programs to provide services and benefits to mothers and single-parent families, the need arose for ever-increasing taxes, which has led to the outright confiscation of property — in the form of numerous taxes — from law-abiding citizens. As the government has created more dependence and has exercised more control over peoples’ lives, it has begun to forcibly substitute its own religion for the traditional religions of its citizens.
One definition of “religion” that is provided by the Merriam-Webster dictionary is, “a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith.” While traditional religions in America have been on the decline among all age groups for the past 50 years, belief and faith in the new religion of government has steadily increased.
Right now in America, while our public schools are prohibited from teaching the Ten Commandments, they are required to teach the commandments of the socialists who for more than 100 years have been engaged in an endless battle for the control of our country. Here are 10 of the commandments that are currently being promoted by the major media and several of our politicians, and are also being taught in our public schools:
1. Thou shalt not mention God or teach anything about God in the public schools.
2. Thou shalt believe in “climate change” and teach others that climate change is a grave threat to our planet and that if something is not done about it within the next few years — such as a significant carbon tax — several large cities in our country will cease to exist because they will be underwater.
3. Thou shalt never say “Merry Christmas” because it is offensive to non-Christians, Jews, Atheists, and highly sensitive, wimpy people who are always looking for reasons to be offended.
4. Thou shalt not use fossil fuels, such as coal, gas, or oil, but instead, shall only use solar and wind energy.
5. Thou shalt believe in and promote gender fluidity and never use the pronouns of “he” or “she” because the use of those pronouns is highly offensive to members of the LGBTQ community and the other hypersensitive members of our community.
6. Thou shalt allow men who have decided that they are women to use women’s bathrooms and to compete with naturally born women in sports competitions.
7. Thou shalt never eat red meat.
8. Thou shalt never use plastic straws and plastic bags.
9. Thou shalt never use incandescent light bulbs.
10 Thou shalt not attempt to stop a woman from killing her unborn child. She has a right to believe that the body of her unborn child is actually a part of her own body, and that she can do whatever she wants with her own body, including the killing of the “part” that has its own heart, mind, soul, and body. She can do this even though there are legal prohibitions against her doing certain other things with her own body, such as renting her body out for the purpose of prostitution.
That’s only 10 of their commandments. There are many more. And while the socialists are passing laws and obtaining court orders that prohibit us from freely practicing our own religion, they are also passing laws and obtaining court orders that require that we practice their religion and abide by their commandments.
So let’s just throw out capitalism, which is the one and only economic system that took the world from a poverty level of 94% down to a poverty level of 16%. Let’s abandon the traditional family structure, the religions that are based upon thousands of years of experience and wisdom, our Judeo-Christian values, our common-sense laws, and our identities as men and women. And when we succeed in abandoning all of our traditions, customs, and beliefs, we will all be slaves to the false god of an all-powerful government.
Lord have mercy on us.